Synology®, the global leading provider of Network Attached Storage (NAS), IP Surveillance and network equipment solutions releases DiskStation Manager (DSM) 6.2 Beta and several packages, inviting the Synology community to experience the latest software and participate in the development process.
“Synology continuously observes the market and enterprise users’ needs such as network security, data protection, disaster recovery, high-performance storage and productivity applications,” said Vic Hsu, CEO, Synology Inc., “Synology NAS does not just provide network storage devices, but a powerful wide range of application services for business.”
Key new features in DSM 6.2 include
Exciting storage technologies for efficiency enhancement
- Storage manager: A new storage component, Storage Pool, is introduced to provide a highly consistent and smooth storage management experience; a new dashboardlike overview comes with rich and useful information. With smart data scrubbing, it gives an easier way to prevent bit rot without sweat.
- iSCSI Manager: a revamped, dedicated management tool for iSCSI service, providing a new LUN type with the refined snapshot technology based on Btrfs file system that enables snapshots to be taken within seconds regardless of LUN size.
Maximize service uptime with reliable failover plans
- Synology high availability: New mechanisms allow SHA to be set up and run within 10 minutes, providing a refined user experience. With its built-in and improved monitoring tools, IT admins can easily monitor the active and passive server and perform maintenance.
Comprehensive security protection for login and connection
- Security advisor:Security Advisor uses intelligent techniques to dissect abnormal login and analyze the attacker’s location. DSM will send notifications when having detected any unusual login activities. With a simple click, IT admins can review a daily or monthly report on DSM system security scan.
- TLS/ SSL profile level: TLS/ SSL Profile Level chooser provides each network services to have its own TLS/ SSL connection profile. It gives users a more flexible way to configure the network security environment.
Optimized communication and seamless collaboration
- Chat and calendar: Chat welcomes the long-awaited desktop application on Windows, MacOS and Linux, and features including poll, bots, threaded message, and third-party video conference integration. Calendar now allows to attach files to events to centralize all the relevant information, and comes with week numbering and keyboard shortcuts to view the calendars with ease.